|Central Park, NYC, 1984, © Robert Forlini
I will be showing my photograph Central Park, NYC in a group exhibition entitled FAMILY at Umbrella Arts Gallery on New York's Lower East Side from February 2-March 4, 2017. FAMILY is defined as a group of people who are related to each other. This exhibition looks to expand that definition beyond what we are born into, including those who we choose to “adopt” as a family (such as a close group of friends), a group of people united by certain convictions or a common affiliation, or a group of things related by common characteristics. The Opening Reception will be on Thursday February 2 from 6-8 pm. The show was curated by photographer Harvey Stein. A book based on the exhibited images for FAMILY will be published by the gallery and will be for sale during the exhibition.
Happy or unhappy, families are all mysterious. We have only to imagine how differently we would be described and will be, after our deaths, by each of the family members who believe they know us.--Gloria Steinem
- The gallery is located at 317 East 9th Street, New York, NY 10003 (between 1st & 2nd Ave.)
- The gallery may be contacted at (212) 505-7196 or at email@example.com
- Gallery Hours are: Thursday-Saturday, 1:00-6:00 PM and by appointment.
- There will be an Opening Reception on Thursday February 2 from 6-8 pm.
- The exhibition will run from February 2-March 4, 2017.