|Confetti, Lunar New Year, Chinatown, NYC, 2016, © Robert Forlini|
I will be exhibiting 2 photographs from this year's Lunar New Year in New York City's Chinatown
at Focal Point Gallery
, located at 321 City Island Avenue, City Island, NY. There will be an opening reception on Friday May 6 from 7-10 PM, and the exhibition will run through May 27. City Island
, with its boatyards and shipwrights, is a small-town-like enclave at the edge of the Bronx. Focal Point Gallery and its director, Ron Terner,
celebrate not just the survival of this particular place,
but the exuberant life of being
committed to art as a serious, communicative, and social act. Work is chosen for its
strength of vision, not for correspondence
to a particular aesthetic, so that the
artists' thoughts may be presented intact.
- Exhibition dates: May 6-27, 2016.
- Opening Reception: Friday May 6, 7-9 PM.
- Hours: Monday-Sunday 10:00am - 6:00pm, closed on Tuesdays.
- Contact Info: Focal Point Gallery, 321 City Island Ave., City Island, N.Y. 10464. Map it here.
(718) 885-1403 email@example.com
|Dragon Dancer, Lunar New Year, Chinatown, NYC, 2016, © Robert Forlini|